Skip to main content

Morning Prayer

Morning Prayer
By Ogden Nash 

Now another day is breaking,
Sleep was sweet and so is waking.
Dear Lord, I promised you last night
Never again to sulk or fight.
Such vows are easier to keep
When a child is sound asleep.
Today, O Lord, for your dear sake,
I'll try to keep them when awake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Is Pink?

What Is Pink? By Christina Rossetti What is pink? A rose is pink  By the fountain's brink.  What is red? A poppy's red  In its barley bed.  What is blue? The sky is blue  Where the clouds float through.  What is white? A swan is white  Sailing in the light.  What is yellow? Pears are yellow,  Rich and ripe and mellow.  What is green? The grass is green,  With small flowers between.  What is violet? Clouds are violet  In the summer twilight.  What is orange? Why, an orange,  Just an orange!

Waiting At The Window

Waiting At The Window By A. A. Milne These are my two drops of rain Waiting on the window-pane. I am waiting here to see Which the winning one will be. Both of them have different names. One is John and one is James. All the best and all the worst Comes from which of them is first. James has just begun to ooze. He's the one I want to lose. John is waiting to begin. He's the one I want to win. James is going slowly on. Something sort of sticks to John. John is moving off at last. James is going pretty fast. John is rushing down the pane. James is going slow again. James has met a sort of smear. John is getting very near. Is he going fast enough? (James has found a piece of fluff.) John has quickly hurried by. (James was talking to a fly.) John is there, and John has won! Look! I told you! Here's the sun!

Puppy And I

Puppy And I By A. A. Milne I met a Man as I went walking:  We got talking,  Man and I.  "Where are you going to, Man?" I said  (I said to the Man as he went by).  "Down to the village, to get some bread.  Will you come with me?" "No, not I."  I met a horse as I went walking;  We got talking,  Horse and I.  "Where are you going to, Horse, today?"  (I said to the Horse as he went by).  "Down to the village to get some hay.  Will you come with me?" "No, not I."  I met a Woman as I went walking;  We got talking,  Woman and I.  "Where are you going to, Woman, so early?"  (I said to the Woman as she went by).  "Down to the village to get some barley.  Will you come with me?" "No, not I."  I met some Rabbits as I went walking;  We got talking,  Rabbits and I.  "Where are you going in your brown fur coats?"  (I said to the Rabbits as they we...